Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 4 - exploring Flickr, part 2

Yay! The Blog This! feature on Flickr is awesome. I've never known how to upload photos into a blog, and this is SO easy. It includes the attribution and a link to the original page the photo was from for you, so you don't have to worry about any of that. It was so much easier than trying to manually upload it, and I have to say I'm glad that I linked these two tools. I can really see myself utilizing both of them personally, but I can also see how it would work great for libraries. The staff here have talked about starting a blog (and I know there is a blog policy in the works), and I know that for events we do take a lot of pictures, so knowing that this option is available, and that both can be incorporated together, really opens up a lot of options. One thing we always talk about is how to get teens in to the library, or more involved in the library, and this seems like it could be a great way to do that. It was fun to play around with, after the initial frustration, and now it seems like it would be so easy.

No comments: