Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 8, conclusion

By far the most fun Things so far have been those involving photos. I LOVED Picture Trail, and think it offers so many options for ways to display your photos. I've seen what must have been this program used on friends' My Space pages and could not figure out how they got it to work; I guess I now know! This was another site that made uploading to the blog really easy, as it AutoPosts to certain blog sites (including Blogger). Another nice thing is that even if you make changes, you don't have to re-post it or anything, they are automatically made on your blog as well. Anything that doesn't require a lot of computer language is good for me.
As far as how my slide show went, I don't really like how it looks on my blog, but I still think the idea of it is great, and would probably use it for presentations in the future, just not on my blog.
I wasn't able to get Lazybase to load for some reason, so I may have to go back and check that out at a future date. And I looked through the Minnesota eFolio site and saw some sample portfolios, but I'm not sure that's something I'm ready to dive into yet. Plus, since I'm working on this at work I definitely don't have all of the information I would need to make it a cohesive site at this point. Maybe in the future.
I could definitely see the library using something like PictureTrail to exhibit photos taken from events; I could also see something like a Staff Picks database through Lazybones, even though I didn't personally get to learn much about that site - at least not yet.

No comments: