Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 17 - ELM productivity tools

For some reason, I had a really hard time with this Thing. But it looked like, from all the comments, that I wasn't the only one. This is one that I would really need more time to explore, I think, to really get the benefits from it. I'm not really sure how I would use it at my job. If there was someone who wanted us to do ongoing research, I guess then it would be useful. But there really aren't too many requests like that. And while I do use Ebsco more than most of the other databases, it still isn't all that much. This Thing had a lot of information that I will have to continue to digest when I have the time. I can see Ebsco being really helpful if writing an academic paper especially, and that would have been really nice while in school. There are other searches too, that may yield an interesting collection, but I struggled to get it to work. I will keep trying.

No comments: